Executive Director for Technology
The primary mission of the Technology Solutions Department is oversight of technology planning, operations and cybersecurity for the Town, helping the Town make the best possible use of available technology. The Department manages all Town computer, telephone and data network systems. The Department collaborates with other Town departments and partners in the selection, management and cybersecurity related to on-premise and cloud based databases and systems.
Duties of the Department include:
- Provisioning of the infrastructure, equipment, software and support for staff, citizens, and other interested parties to use Town information efficiently within a secure environment
- Oversight of the procurement, operation and maintenance of computer systems, cloud based systems, networks and telephone services
- Collaborative responsibility for Internet related information services including the Town’s websites, GIS and OpenData
- Support for Town data services and technology needs
- Outreach supporting education, civic hacking, public/private technology services and other community endeavors