We are currently experiencing website issues. You may encounter some bad links. We appreciate your patience as we work to fix this problem.

At Your Service

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

For more information on other Town services, visit the Service List.

In any emergency, dial 911 for assistance. Should you need further information, please call 919-969-5000.

Didn't find what you're looking for?

CHAPEL HILL CONNECT is here to report non-emergency issues to the Town of Chapel Hill from your smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Report code enforcement issues.

Questions? Contact us at

Concern Department/Link Contact Info More Information
Compliment to the Town Communications and Public Affairs 919-968-2743
Report information about crimes Crimestoppers



Dangerous or Loose Animals; lost pet OC Animal Control 919-942-7387
Call 911 if causing a traffic hazard.
Dead Animal Removal Public Works (on Town-maintained streets) 919-969-5100

Call 911 if causing a traffic hazard.

On roads outside Town limits, call NCDOT at 1-877-368-4968.

The Town does not remove dead animals on private property.

Fair Housing COMPLAINT
Housing and Community 919-969-5081
Report a fire hazard Fire 919-968-2781
911-Emergency or after hours

Flooding, erosion or drainage problems; dumping into storm drains Public Works Stormwater Division 919-969-7245 (919-969-RAIN)
Garage and Yard Sale Signs Building and Development Services 919-969-5066
Graffiti Police  911
Hazardous spills or natural gas leaks Fire 911
High grass Building and Development Services 919-968-2718
Incorrect or out-of-date information on Town website Communications and Public Affairs 919-968-2743
Junk Vehicles or trash on private property Building and Development Services 919-968-2718
Landlord/Tenant Disputes NC Dept. of Justice 1-877-566-7226

OC Human Rights and Relations 919-245-2487  
Minimum Housing Standards Building and Development Services 919-968-2721, 919-969-5036 Orange County Healthy Homes
Excessive Noise Police 911
Noise Permits Police 919-968-2760
Obstructions in Public Right-of-Way Public Works 919-969-5100
Park conditions Parks and Recreation 919-968-2784
Parking violations on Residential Property Building and Development Services 919-969-5066
Problems with Power Lines Duke Energy 800-769-3766
Public Housing Maintenance Housing 919-969-4982 On nights, weekends or holidays, call 919-968-2855
Missed Recycling Pickup Orange Community Recycling 919-968-2788
Street Lights Traffic Engineering & Duke Energy 800-769-3766
After hours, call 969-4999
Streets/Sidewalks Public Works 919-969-5100
Call 911 for major problems

Traffic Signals and signs Traffic Engineering 919-969-4999
After hours, call 911
Traffic safety concerns Traffic Engineering 919-969-4999
Missed trash pickup Public Works 919-969-5100
Tree concerns/Tree in Roadway Parks & Recreation Parks Maintenance Tanner Thompson, Parks Maintenance Supervisor

Water, Sewage, or Fire Hydrant Leaks OWASA 919-968-4421

Weeds and overgrown vegetation Building and Development Services 919-9-968-2718
View Full Site